Due to dangerously low lake levels, severe drought conditions, and high water use, and in accordance with the Lakeway Municipal Utility District Drought Contingency Plan:
Lakeway MUD has moved to Stage Three Water Restrictions following Board approval on July 10. Customers are only allowed to irrigate ONE DAY a week during Stage 3.
Irrigate outdoors using an in-ground irrigation system or hose-end sprinkler no more than ONCE per week and only during scheduled days and times as indicated below:
Residential Addresses ending in:
1 OR 3: Monday
2 OR 4: Tuesday
5 OR 7: Wednesday
6 OR 8: Thursday
9 OR 0: Friday
Commercial Irrigation Day is Saturday
Watering Hours: Midnight to 10AM and 7PM to midnight; NO WATERING 10AM-7PM.
Note – this schedule is NOT the same as City of Austin’s.
Additional restrictions include:
- Irrigation for new/re-vegetated landscapes must apply for a variance
- Vehicle washing is prohibited except on mandatory times/days
- Filling/re-filling of pools is prohibited (maintaining water level is not prohibited)
- Operation of outside water features are prohibited (except to sustain aquatic life)
- Golf courses must develop a plan to meet a 10% reduction
- Restaurants are encouraged to serve water only if asked
- Washing of sidewalks, buildings, etc. is prohibited
If you have any questions, please call our office at 261-6222 or email: Lakeway@LakewayMUD.org.
Thank you for assisting Lakeway MUD in conserving our area’s water.