Effective Year Round
In accordance with the Lakeway Municipal Utility District (LMUD) Drought Contingency Plan, updated June 2019:
At the June 2019 LMUD Board of Directors meeting, the Board approved a year round approach to water conservation making the two-day irrigation schedule, typically reserved for May through September, now mandatory year round.
LMUD commercial and residential customers are now required to observe Stage Two Water Restrictions all 12 months of the year, which allows for a maximum of two days per week irrigation schedule on specified days. These water restrictions affect irrigation schedules pertaining to outdoor use of an in-ground/automatic irrigation system or hose-end sprinkler. Power washing, car washing, etc. are still allowed during these restrictions.
Watering Hours: Midnight to 10 a.m. & 7 p.m. to Midnight
NO WATERING 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
|Addresses ending in :|
|Odd Numbers||Wednesday and Saturday|
|Even Numbers||Thursday and Sunday|
|includes large landscapes|
such as HOA common areas
|Tuesday and Friday|
Note – this schedule is NOT the same as City of Austin’s or other surrounding water utilities.
These restrictions were approved by the LMUD Board of Directors on June 5, 2019 and remain in affect until updated.
According to the restrictions, a water user must not:
- Fail to repair a controllable leak, including a broken sprinkler head, a leaking valve, leaking or broken pipes, or a leaking faucet;
- Operate an irrigation system with:
- a broken head;
- a head that is out of adjustment and the arc of the spray head is over a street or parking area; or
- a head that is fogging or misting because of excessive water pressure.
- During irrigation, allow water:
- to run off a property and form a stream of water in a street for a distance of 50 feet or greater; or
- to pool in a street or parking lot to a depth greater than one-quarter of an inch
Customers utilizing our recycled water system for irrigation purposes (locations designated by the purple recycled water signs) are under separate usage requirements and restrictions dependent on drought and flood conditions. We notify these customers when their restrictions change. Reuse water is only available at select locations, primarily for corporate customers.
When violations of the above procedures are noted, the following actions will be taken:
- First violation: Form letter and a telephone call to solicit cooperation.
- Second violation: Signed letter explaining the need to comply with all conservation measures.
- Third violation: Discontinuance of service. Restoration of service will require payment of the usual fee.
Changes to Restrictions
Conservation of potable water is a year-round consideration. Water should always be used wisely. Because our area is drought-prone and water production and delivery facilities can fail, you may be required to take additional restrictive action during water shortages. When it becomes necessary to further restrict water usage, we will make every effort to notify our customers of the condition in effect and the actions being triggered (see Drought Contingency Plan for details). If time permits, a special notice will be mailed to all customers regarding a severe emergency.
We thank you for sharing our concern for water conservation and for your cooperation during drought conditions and facilities failure, should either occur.
|• REQUEST FOR VARIANCE •||• DROUGHT CONTINGENCY PLAN •||• WATER CONSERVATION PLAN •|
If you have new sod or landscaping that requires a variance from this schedule, please submit a Request for Variance. See Drought Contingency Plan for details.
If you have any questions, please contact us.